Re: SEUL-Leaders: SEUL and Linux Help

> Thanks for the response and feedback. I am excited about the project and
> am interested in the idea of being the user doc/help system leader.
Cool!

> One brief question. Since I would definitely like to be part of the
> team, how should I go about joining the mailing list? I have never
> actually joined one before. Thanks.
To get on seul-project send mail to majordomo@txcc.net with no subject and a
body of nothing but 'subscribe twoducks@globalserve.net'.  If you become the
doc leader, Cyber will add you to the seul-leaders list.

> What is involved and what way would be best to go about being the head of
> the doc team? I have all the tools I need to do email and web based
> correspondence (10 meg web space.) If most of your meeting is done
> by IRC (as Erik Walthinsen mentioned of a meeting Monday evening) most
> nights should be fine, although I was not available tonight. The
> meeting time (9:00 PST or 12:00 EST (My time)) should be free most
> nights.
We're still working it out...  Juhana (jsiren@pc164178.oulu.fi) is working on
the minutes of the first IRC session, so you can get an idea of what was
discussed.  The leaders group is only about a week or two old, so...

We'll plan to meet daily in IRC at the mentioned time, through rarely for the
two hours of tonight.

> Also. I have presumed that this is a Volontary effort and that it would
> most likely be GPLed. Is this a justified assumption? If not, what is
> being done? Would the work such as that done on the help be made
> available to other distributions (and the public in general?)
Completely GPL.  There may be exceptions (i.e. XV, which is *almost* GPL),
but it will be free software.  Any money to be made on the project will come
in the form of support, and that's a long way off.

TTYL,
    Omega

        Erik Walthinsen - Programmer, webmaster, 3D artist, etc.   __
 /  \           omega@sequent.com         Work: (503)578-5314    / /  \
|    | M E G A  omega@aracnet.com         Home: (503)281-4281   / / /\ \
_\  /_          psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu  Majoring in CS       / / /\ \ \
Omega Station: http://www.aracnet.com/~omega/                /________\ \ \