Re: Guns and Microsoft...

>   I heard the other day, a small joke about the Linux community.  It's a
> joke, but it holds a whole lot of truth.
>
>   Whenever somebody, like Bruce Perens now, starts to make something out
> of this big empty nothingness here... people run into their cellar and
> pick up their gun and shoot the guy with their "Microsoft" bullets.
>
>   It's what we in real life call a "cheap shot".  Because the same people
> are just as quick in "incorporating" Windows framework and "quote" windows
> environment, when it comes down to that.
>
>   There is nothing wrong with trying to make money of your work, because
> that is the world we live in.  We have to feed our kids, dress ourselves,
> and to do that we have to work.  Everybody agrees, that it would be nice
> to live in paradise and eat fruit from the trees and live happily ever
> after, in harmony with all the other animals in the Jungle.  But, we all
> know that it's an impossible dream... so...

Bruce Perens is supposed to have a work at Pixar.  He does not need
extra income for living.

In contrasty Richard Stallman receives no money from the FSF.  Ha
wanted to avoid being accused of possible conflict of interests.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

The worthy man is the one who would drink muddy water if such were the
water of truth.

===
===