Bruce: "I am leaving Debian"

------- Forwarded Message
From:	bruce@pixar.com [SMTP:bruce@pixar.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, March 18, 1998 1:20 PM
To:	debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject:	I am leaving Debian

There was some question on this list yesterday regarding whether I would
leave Debian. It is indeed true. I will remain as president of SPI and
will redirect SPI's mission to be for all free software rather than just
for Debian. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but I feel that my mission to
bring free software to the masses really isn't compatible with Debian any
longer, and that I should be working with one of the more mainstream Linux

	Bruce Perens