Freshmeat comes through again

Someone posted an editorial to freshmeat.net about standards.  I haven't
read it yet, but the few sentences I skimmed look promising.  In response
to the editorial, Mr. Freshmeat (whoever that is) wrote a forums thing.
I'm going to go there and contribute to it now.  I hope this will pique
interest in SEUL (and dev-distrib in particular) enough to help get things
moving.

I would recommend that everyone read the editorial and the followup, as
well as the forum.  I'm going to do that right now.

TTYL,
    Omega

P.S. I'm writing 'dailymeat.pl' right now, which when done will start
sending daily news from freshmeat via e-mail.  I'm going to see about
having arma set up a list, then see who's interested in using it.  Let me
know if you want to be on the initial list (heck, I might put you all on
there anyway, you can always unsubscribe).

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user

===
===