Re: new releases of seul apps

> I just released a new stable version of ecasound. Should I announce
> these (bigger) releases on some Seul mailing list  (or other forum)?
>
> Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
>  . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing
>  . http://www.wakkanet.fi/sculpscape/ - ambient-idm-rock-... mp3/ra/wav

Good point. We've been being lame about that recently, but I'd like to
resume my earlier habit of putting announcements like this on the
www.seul.org frontpage. In general, when you have a new version of your
code and want the world to know, send mail to seul-pub@seul.org with:

* the new version
* the url(s) for the package (preferably tgz and rpm)
* a midsize (several sentence to one paragraph) summary of changes.

Presumably that last item would be the same as you posted to freshmeat
(if you don't use freshmeat, you should start).

Then somebody will add the version and url to the seul frontpage, and
every so often we'll send mail to seul-announce including the summary
of changes.

Frequency of posts to seul-announce will depend on frequency of
reports to seul-pub. :)

Thanks,
--Roger

===