Re: SEUL: TurboLinux

Marcus Berglund writes:
> Basically as I see it, Debian is more console based, while RedHat is more
> GUI based, it is really a question of what we want to work with...  Alot
> of the packages in 1.3.1 are preconfigured to be on a stand alone system,
> and yes you do need to be a bit of a hacker to get you way around,...

Why does any of this matter when seul is going to provide all new install
and admin tools?

> ...just tell them nothing and asume they don't actually care what else is
> needed, because I know of alot of people that would get a little peeved
> if they were told every 10 seconds that packages x & y were being
> added...

They will be even more peeved to discover that their disk is full because a
package they requested installed Tex without telling them.  They also are
likely to be confused when they find that something they never requested
has been installed.  Always tell the user what is going on (though I don't
care much for dselect's practice of telling me all the things it isn't
doing).
jghasler@win.bright.net    Do with it what you will.