Re: SEUL: TurboLinux

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Loren S Osborn wrote:

> The package that you have requested, <pkg name>, requires package
> <pkg a> to function.  I happen to have a copy dated <pkg a date> on the
> SEUL CD-ROM.  This package requires <pkg a size> (bytes/K/MB/?GB?) of space
> on it's target partition.  That partition has <disk free> (same units)
> availible.  I can:

They still won't get that dialog box.  Install without asking, or say:

You have selected package x.y.z, this package requires packages z.y.x and
y.x.z,
Installing package z.y.x........

Installing package y.x.z..........

Installing package x.y.z...........

There, they should get the sense of that...  If the disk's full, it's
full.  Just have the package selector know how much disk space the package
and it's dependancies take up, and when the user selects a package, it has
a text box on the screen like:

Installing to Drive /dev/hda1(C:)
Free Space: 900 megabytes, Space that will be used by installing the
packages you have selected: 700 megabytes, this will leave 200 megabytes
of disk space free after install.

And have them updated as the user selects and deselects packages on the
screen, so they know what they're doing.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
	        That's not a bug, that's a feature.