Re: SEUL: What's so hard about Linux...

On 23 Aug 97,  Bill Thanis <seul-project@seul.org>  wrote:

> Will our average user be running multiple OS's?

Yes, they will. As long as SEUL is not established (and has proven
better than other alternatives) the main core of users will be
migrants. Migration is not accomplished over night. People will test
the system. If the systems doesn't allow running multiple OSes, many
people may not even migrate. Most people don't have money to dedicate
a single box for testin purposes.

> Which ones, and how compatible are they to linux.

By the time SEUL may be released, it'll be Win95 (1), Win98(2), MSDOS
with and without Win3x (3) and OS2 (4).

The other question should be turned around: SEUL is an alternative,
not a standard, and we should ask, IMO, how compatible is SEUL to the
other OSes.

Cheers,

	APS
----
Aldo-Pier Solari <solaris@searn.sunet.se>, Fish.Res.Gr./ULP
Home: http://segate.sunet.se/fish-ecology/aps/index.html
Oath:          'I will not fail those with whom I serve'
----