Re: SEUL: Working with other groups (was Re: Reuse vs. new code)

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> I say we should *try* to work with the original author(s) as possibly.  In
> the case of GRUB, we may find that difficult, as Hurd is a 'direct
> competitor' to Linux (well, sorta).  But in many cases we may find that if we
> are providing the leadership and organization, lots of groups may be willing
> to work closely with us, making the changes we need, so that they have a
> 'guaranteed spot' in SEUL for the foreseeable future.

The GRUB people might be more likely to help than you think.  Here's their
'Introduction':

   GRUB is an attempt to produce a bootloader for IBM PC-compatible
   machines that has both the capability to be friendly to beginning or
   otherwise non-technically interested users and the flexibility to help
   experts in diverse environments. It is currently most useful for users
   of at least one of the various free UNIX-like operating systems, though
   it can be used with most any PC operating system.

The home page is http://www.uruk.org/~erich/grub/

-Sam Revitch