Re: SEUL: Auto-detecting hardware

> Linux will remain out of the
> mainstream as long as it takes a week or two to get the machine doing the
> things that Windows 95 does automatically the first time you flip the
> switch and put in the CD that you just got in the mail from AOL.

You got Win95 from AOL? I thought not. In fact, you probably got Win95
from the manufacturer of your PC. The reason it doesn't have much
trouble handling the hardware is that the manufacturer solved those
problems for you. If you could get Linux from a manufacturer (and you
can from a few small folks), you would not have hardware detection
problems either.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA  Seeking employment or consulting
dave@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359   Software architecture / management