Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

Hi

[Telling arguments by Rick and others omitted]

I am an enthusiastic emacs user but I understand well the arguments that
Rick, George and others make about the need for a menu/mouse driven user
interface for the editor to be provided with SEUL. This is the interface
for Joe Average the target user for SEUL. Indeed, if we do not supply
such an editor, it may be the SEUL will be ignored and M$ will win.
(Please forgive the deliberate pun.)

Can we find (or create) an editor of size of ae that has a user
interface that can be either mouse or keyboard driven, with drop down
menus, and a clean, simple interface? Such an interface does NOT have
to be graphical. What is the minimum necesary?

This would go a long way towards making things easier for an ordinary
user. The idea is Rick's - avoid making it necessary to read the editor
manual while reading documentation essential to the system setup.

--David
       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

Force bomb Iran Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine
ammonium nitrate fuel oil cocaine assassinate counterfeit destabilize