SEUL: EDITORS

Just to make sure we are on the same sheel of music ... we are talking
about three different editors.

1) One that goes on the install/rescue disk that is small yet allows you
   to edit config files to fix major errors.

2) The default command-line text editor after installation.  This can be
   much larger than the install/rescue editor.

3) The default X editor.

So far ae is about the only easy choice for 1).  There are several choices
for 2). I have to look at the copyright for pico.  It might be "free
enough" for our distribution since we are not expecting others to resell
it as their own. Again there are several possible choices for 3. The
easist I have found is textedit.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org