Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

We sure could use a decision process!!!!!

In keeping with Roberts rules of order.....

I would like to suggest that we move the text editor discussion forward.

I may have named SEG as my best geuss of which group to own some data.
I am willing to change that.

Whereas: We can endlessly debate the virtues of our favorite editor.

Whereas: We are unable to supply a simple end user persspective.

Whereas: There is an embarassement of riches of text editors from which
         to choose

Whereas: Much of the point of SEUL obviates the need for a text editor.

Whereas: This discussion is consuming bandwidth, thoughts and energy
         without resolution.

Whereas: There are many other questions that are in need of our
         attention.

Be it resolved: That proponents evaluate any editor they advocate
                according to the following virtues.

                  - Ease of learning
                  - Size
                  - Performance, prioritized to the percieved
                    expectations of SEUL users.

Be it resolved: That such evaluations be reported to SEUL through the
                SEG. In a flat text file of no more than 4096 bytes.
                That SEUL will archive and make available through its web
                site these evaluations.

Be it resolved: That as with all tools the decision should be made on the
                timely reccomendations of the SEUL group representing the
                interests of the users concerned preferably after
                gathering information by testing on a representative
                sample of users. Furthermore that the discussion should
                take place in that group.