RE: cmd640 bugfix (was Re: SEUL: Proposition for a simplified ke

On 04-Feb-98 Paul Anderson wrote:
-> On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Cyberdyn wrote:
->
->>
->> The kernel will be compiled into a zImage file and then packed into a
->> debian
->> package file, then the script that did this so far will call dpkg to turn
->> around and unpack the kernel to replace the current one (same as make
->> zlilo).
->>
-> BTW, an important point I just thought I should mention: Build in support
-> for the CMD640 bugfix.  I've got a buggy CMD640 IDE chipset, Linux won't
-> even boot without the CMD640m bugfix.  TTYL!

This is a good point.  Maybe all bug fixes should be enabled by default.  From
what I remember they are all only active if needed.  They shouldn't effect the
kernel if they don't apply.

---
Rick Jones
rickya@siservices.net
.. [concerning quotation marks] even if we *___did* quote anybody in this
business, it probably would be gibberish.
		-- Thom McLeod