SEUL: Simple whiptail script

Here is a simple whiptail script that serves simply as an introduction
using the syntax for a yes/no box.  Whiptail still has a (to me) serious
bug in that you can not assign dialog strings to variables.  You must code
the whole text into the string each time you use it.  This gets tiresome
and wastes space if you keep the same backtitle for all your boxes.

#! /bin/bash
if (whiptail --title "PPP Configuration" --backtitle "Welcome to SEUL" --yesno "
Do you want to configure your PPP connection?"  10 40 )
then
        echo -e "\nWell, you better get busy!\n"
elif    (whiptail --title "PPP Configuration" --backtitle "Welcome to
SEUL" --yesno "           Are you sure?" 7 40)
        then
                echo -e "\nGood, because I can't do that yet!\n"
        else
                echo -e "\nToo bad, I can't do that yet\n"
fi

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org