SEUL: dunc is a no-go

I jst gave dunc the once over. It would need a substantial re-write.  Some
of the basic i/o is bad.

It also tries to write a big chatscript and the way it does it, exposes
your password to anyone running a ps command while the ppp connection is
in progress.

One example of a major weakness is in the UI.  When you establish a first
connection, it gives it a default name of ISP.  The problem is that if you
try to use the arrow keys or backspace to rub out the name to put in a new
one, the program exits.  I finally got it to work by using a ^u to wipe
out the entry and I could type in a new one but this is not obvious to
newbies.

Other than the fact that the .ppprc that it created would not work, it is
pretty good (not). I finally had to manually edit the thing to get it to
work.

I am going to continue working on mine as an instructional aid in learning
the whiptail/dialog syntax.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org