Re: SEUL: dunc is a no-go

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Rick wrote:

> On 09-Feb-98 George Bonser wrote:
> -> That is just fine.  Not a problem to use different filenames.
>
> You might want to contact the member currently working on this, if you want to
> develop a finished ppp interface.  He is developing on that does all network
> devices, not just the ppp device.  You may be able to lighten the load by doing
> the ppp portion while he does the rest, instead of duplicating eachothers
> efforts.
>
> ---
> Rick Jones

Sounds like a good idea.  I will write the script so that it can be
sourced as a series of functions in a larger script. One of the goals of
my program is an initial PPP setup, after installing the base system so
that the rest of the installation can continue via FTP over PPP. It is not
ment to be a comprehensive networking tool but could easilly, as you
suggest, be incorporated into a more comprehensive program.

It uses bash and whiptail which requires newt.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org