Re: SEUL: dunc is a no-go

On 9 Feb 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> The result is that .ppprc gets created the first time you run dunc but
> never gets changed.
>
> That may be an effect of the above bug.  You tried PAP first?  I'm
> convinced you have an obsolete version, though.  I'll have to go and look
> at what is really in unstable.

Ok, that explains it. I DID try PAP first ... it wouldn't work, though it
does work on my other machine with that provider just fine. As for
version, yeah, the old one must still be in hamm or something because I
get this constructed chat command line.  That has been a major problem
with things like the ppp-on scripts that many distributions put out.

I would tell you which version I installed but I will not be able to until
I get back home and plug the darned network back into that system.

> 'ps -awx | grep chat' produces:
> 11543  S2 S      0:00 /usr/sbin/pppd connect /usr/sbin/chat -v -f /home/john/.dunc/tmp.11527; rm -f /home/john/.dunc/tmp.11527 /dev/ttyS2 115200 debug netmask

THis is COMPLETELY different than my version. I suppose I did get the
older one.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org