Re: SEUL: SEUL duplicating efforts?

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, David Freeman wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded and installed KDE beta 3.  Very, very nice.  Gnome is
> > also progressing very rapidly.  SEUL does not need to work on desktop
> > environments, in my opinion.
>
> strongly agree.
>
> > Any  admin/setup tools we write should be modules for existing systems,
> > whether they be KDE/GNOME/Linuxconf.
>
> KDE is nice, but (as every-one knows) not quite free (free, but not
> "freed")

From what I know of the License it's free enough for SEUL.  The
restrictions
only come in when you develop commercial software.  SEUL is not
commercial.
and our target audience won't be doing much software development.  So
KDE
will do.  Especially since it's now at the point where it just needs
polishing.  GNOME on the other hand is just barely started.  If later on
GNOME catches up we can simply switch.
Or we could ship both from the start.

--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."