Re: SEUL: Text editors.

> Most X Based editors are OK.  Nedit could be a default editor ( the one
> that pops up when you double click on a file that may be text )

Nope. This is motif based. Unless you're willing to put non-free stuff in
the base. It's non-freeness is why Debian and RedHat don't ship it in the
main distros. Read my other post for info about X editors.

> I CAN'T use pico.  I have tried.  it just doesn't suite me very well.

This one's very easy, especially if you've pine before (which just about
every college kid has for starters...)

> imitated it.  MSDOS edit.com is like it too.  What I am getting at here
> is that this may be the only app the SEUL needs to write from scratch.
> a text editor with basic functionality.

> Specifically an edit.com lookalike.  SEUL won't be so S without it.

might be worth it. Still, most windows users haven't used edit.com either,
so the only thing going for it is the faint similarity to other windows
apps in its conventions.

Another angle to investigate is looking at something like jed or pico and
seeing how feasible it is to "morph" it to an edit.com clone.

-- Donovan