Re: SEUL: FIPS

On 17 Feb 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
> > The linux community should port FIPS to linux.
> It is much more urgent and needed haviing an integrated DOS phase ie
> group together the defrag, FIPS plus (for people who will use LOADLIN)
> prepaere for boot.
Yes, and an logical volume manager is the next step for FIPS, before a
porting effort. Linux needs an LVM, and I believe there are projects
underway. If we could make it act seamlessly on ext2 and on all those
different bloody DOS formats, we would simplify things a great deal.
Otoh, i suspect some Doze BrainDeddedness would prevent one from resizing
a FAT that way?? well, FIPS _seems_ to work ok, so there might be hope.
Do any of us have a better idea of how that is going / skills to
contribute?
-Greg Bastow