Re: SEUL: Common SEUL/e-linux tools needed

> If a large number of RPMs won't work with SEUL without modification, then
> we haven't done our job.  Have I missed something, why would a certain
> config file need to be included with an RPM under SEUL?

There is no way for a package designed for a significantly different distrib,
because files are in different locations.  Even if it's a minor change, it
can be deadly.  What if one distrib puts it's SysVInit scripts in one set of
dirs, but the package puts them in another?  No workee.

Given the amount of integration and hiding we have to do to keep the user
insulated (maybe a bad choice of words, but you know what I mean), that means
a lot of changes (mostly minor) to all the packages.  That means that any
package that doesn't come from our own distrib, not having those changes,
won't do the user much good.  It simply won't be tied into the existing
environment.

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user