Re: SEUL: Interest abounding...

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> There has been quite a bit of interest in the SEUL project since yesterday's
> announcement.  Many people have expressed dismay, unfortunately, over the
> existence of Yet Another Distribution.

That may be partly valid, on the other hand if SEUL succeeds in giving
the world an easily-installable, easily-configurable and
always-boot-directly-to-GUI Linux, that would be the best service to
Linux and Linux's popularity would increase tremendously.  One never
knows, maybe even my boss would be willing to go Linux then :-)

> I have been talking with Bruce Perens recently, and we have been discussing
> the relationships between Debian, the RHAD, and ourselves.

Of course, to have some sort of common base between those would be even
bether.

--
----
Java now and to the next Millennium! - Visit http://www.javalobby.org

"We're giving away a pretty good browser as part of the operating
 system. How long can they [Netscape] survive selling it?"
 -Steve Ballmer, Microsoft executive vice president of sales and support
  Forbes, January 1997
-----