Re: SEUL: Re: SEUL distribution?

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, William T Wilson wrote:

> This has already been discussed and decided.  We will be basing the
> initial distribution off of Red Hat; we will be using RPM packages; our
> packages will not be installation- compatible with either Red Hat or
> Debian.

Pity ... this looks like it would have been a good candidate for the POSIX
package manager as is used with Unifix Linux.

As for the comment about Debian being rushed to be "first out the door"
with something, I must take exception here.  Red Hat pushed a broken
distro out the door with 5.0 but Debian has taken its time and seems to
be trying to get a fairly polished product out.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org