Re: SEUL: Re: SEUL distribution?

Erik Walthinsen writes:
> That has been a problem, but then that's been the problem with RedHat as
> well.  This is partially why I want to build a core distrib and be done
> with it.

As I recall, you specified that the "reviews" were *not* to be from
"partisans".  You also requested that the reviewers do fresh installs and
report on the experience.  Not unreasonable, but also not possible for
me.

I've been following the seul project as best I can from the beginning.
After a few months, two things became clear: a) there was an insurmountable
anti-Debian bias and b) the project wasn't going anywhere.  I'm glad to see
renewed signs of life, and I wish you luck.

> With Debian, we have the opportunity to work together with the largest
> distribution team around, and they are heading in some of the same
> directions we are.  Why do it all alone if we can get another 200ppl to
> help us out?

Indeed.  May I suggest that you pick up a $1.99 Debian CD, install it on a
spare partition, and check it out?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)