Re: SEUL: New Distribution

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Mike Scott wrote:

> How about a
> system where the environment presented after login depends on the username
> or user group?

That's already in place, primarily based on username.  Each user has a
different home directory, with different configuration files in it that
you can customize.  Peice of cake...

> Or typing this
> very e-mail twice because WinBlows crashed when I was almost done...

AAMOF, my computer has been running continuously for the past 7 days, and
another fella I know has a Linux box that's been going
continuously(without reboot or being turned off) for over 50 days.  You're
the sort we need to help the project, if you're interested in doing some
testing work for us.  The more guinea pigs the better:)  BTW, for a really
good resource of info on Linux, check out http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP
The Linux HOWTOs have some great info...  (Also check out
http://www.geocities.com/~csh/docs/dog for the User Guide Dog project
which has some good basic info)  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
	UNIVERSE.SYS corrupted!  Reboot universe?(Y/N)