Re: SEUL: Re: SEUL distribution?

I'm really confused now.

first, I see that:

jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
> A real GUI for Linux will not be possible until GNOME.  About RH
> against Debian: having menu entries point at empty air confuses end
> users.  And getting raw X apps is also bad: an end user does not know
> enough or have time enough (real work to do) to hack resources: he
> must get something acceptable out of the box.

Then, a little later in the post:

> Six months from now using RH according to your schedule, longer still
> using Debian?  Noooo!  Understand than time is a factor playing
<snip snip>
> SEUL should be shipping _now_
> not in six months and having SEUL delayed until 1999 would be still
> worse.

IF a real GUI won't be possible untill GNOME, what exactly is it that's
going to ship in less than six months?

I agree that time is of the essence. I think that was part of the
motivation behind using KDE for e-linux. Yes, it is still Beta, and has
it's flaws, but it's more complete and ready to run than anything else
out there. Either you consider it acceptable to use the license
restricted Qt libs or not. If not, you're just going to have to wait a
little longer before you get out an integrated user interface. If so,
let's get e-linux rolling with KDE!

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker