Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

George Bonser wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:
>
> > I'll bet you if you call M$ tech support with a made-up problem and tell
> > them you installed Linux which opens the registry for config info, they
> > will blame Linux instantly.  And if M$ says it's Linux it must be so.
>
> There are two areas that Microsoft will not support for free even if the
> product is brand new ... 1) Networking  2) Registry.  If you want to talk
> registry with them, it is a minimum of $70 up front.

True, if you want to talk *about* the registry.  I'm talking about
telling them somethings screwed up and in the course of trouble shooting
they invariably will ask if you've installed anything new.  Bingo.
Linux did it.

I know they will because I've spoken with them before and their tech
suppot guys read cue-cards.  They know nothing about what they're
talking about.  I had to explain things to them.  That's when the guy
told me he's just reading from the Windoze resource flow-chart.  The
very one you can get in the store.  The very one I have on my
bookshelf.  To talk about the registry you have to get transfered to the
guy with the registry flow-chart.  It's a joke and they will place the
blame elsewhere if the opertunity arises.

They'll tell you the same thing in the newsgroups.