Re: SEUL: hardware detection

William T Wilson wrote:

> Because it's preposterous.  There's a difference from someone who is not
> well versed in Unix but wants to try Linux, from someone who believes that
> the moon is made of green cheese.  If the user is going to blame linux for
> his woes whether linux is responsible or not, there is nothing we can do
> for him nor should we try.  "My printer ran out of ink!  It must be
> linux." "My god! My credit card got erased! It must be linux."  "I got in
> a car accident, it must be linux!"  Frankly, I don't care about such a
> user.

From what I've been told about this project, it isn't for the "not well
versed in Unix" it's for the people that are even illiterate on their
Windoze boxen.

If you want to use the registry, that's fine.  I'm familliar with the
registry and think it's going to be more trouble than it's worth.  I
only made the comment to make you think about the possibility in case
you had any reservations to begin with.

I'll even help you with it, if you like.  But given that Windoze doesn't
clean up after it's self when it makes changes, it isn't going to go
smooth as silk.  You are going to need a lot of test processes.