Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Sailesh Krishnamurthy wrote:

> Hmm things like arrow keys, return, backspace etc work out of the box with the emacs
> I use. I'm pretty sure it will be the same with joe and jed. AFAIK pico is based on
> emacs keybindings.  For starters, emacs is more comfortable than vi just because it
> has a single mode - switching between modes is confusing for new users. Of course,
> vi keybinds are awesome, and I use vi frequently to edit  small files.

I agree that a mode based editor is bad too.  Emacs is simply too large.

ae is 24K. vim is 376K. pico is 127K.

ae provides what we need and is easy to use ... just type, use the arrow
keys, use F10 to exit shift-F10 to abort.

Pretty darned easy and only 24K.  Give it a try!

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org