Re: SEUL: Is it too soon for me to comment? (fwd)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Kai Wetzel wrote:

> I have the hope that the SEUL is open to switch to a .deb based
> system when it is starting to be useful for an end-user oriented
> distribution.

Only problem is that I don't use Debian and I know nothing about it's
package manager.  When I get another drive, I'll probably put debian on
it, but no diskspace for that right now...

> [...]
> > > Once we have the basics we can start screaming what else do we want.
> > >
> > Precisely, we could put together a simple .tgz of the RPMS, and make it
> > install from a DOS partition or floppy using Loadlin at first, then we
> > should put together boot and root floppies.
> [...]
> Good idea.

I was looking through sunsite the other day, and found a distribution
called tinyX - A REALLY tiny X windows based distribution, small enough to
fit on a single 1.44Meg floppy!  I was thinking we could start with
something like it, because it's small and simple.  First thing we could do
is put everything in RPMS, upgrade some software, etc.  And write an
installer.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
            Quoth the rooster: "Where's the floor?"