Re: SEUL: Is it too soon for me to comment? (fwd)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> Very cool!  How much of the floppy is filled?  Can we do like RedHat and fit
> everything necessary for a bare-bones install from a larger media on one
> floppy?

I was deceived by the readme, it takes up 5Megs of disk space, and isn't
enough to boot.  No kernel, no libc, no init, not enough to boot.  Though,
it does have quite a bit more fluff than a disk just for install would
need.  Then again, it had XFree version 2.0:)  I don't see why we couldn't
make a single disk X installer, our first priority is to gut what we can
from redhat.

> Anyone want to take a closer look at TinyX to see how much good it might do
> us?

Time to download a few chunks of redhat.  I've got a good question: We
should do as redhat did and use glibc or stick with libc?  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
      What do you mean? You actually read this Tagline?!?