Re: SEUL: Is it too soon for me to comment? (fwd)

> > [...]
> > > >
> > > Precisely, we could put together a simple .tgz of the RPMS, and make it
> > > install from a DOS partition or floppy using Loadlin at first, then we
> > > should put together boot and root floppies.
> > [...]
> > Good idea.
> >
> I was looking through sunsite the other day, and found a distribution
> called tinyX - A REALLY tiny X windows based distribution, small enough to
> fit on a single 1.44Meg floppy!  I was thinking we could start with
> something like it, because it's small and simple.  First thing we could do
> is put everything in RPMS, upgrade some software, etc.  And write an
> installer.  TTYL!

tinyX uses the xlib5 and a.out format. Another distribution at sunsite I
was looking at is minilinux. It is a complete linux distribution with an
X server (I don't know which but probably svga), and it fits of 5 disks.

I haven't downloaded or tried it yet, but I was toying with the idea over
the summer before the RedHat decision was made.

B.T.