Re: SEUL: Is this project still alive?

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Juhana Siren wrote:

> On 30-Jul-97 Loren S Osborn wrote:
> >Yeh, this list has been very active this month, (although it's tapered off much
> >this week).

Juhana, thought I would mention a couple of things in response to the web
page besides that it is a fantastic start.

I tried location http://www.seul.org last night from netscape.  Which is
the first thing I would try if I were to hear about seul for the first
time. The response was one of not finding the URL.  This morning I tried
http://cvs.seul.org which worked fine and www.seul.org now works too.
Maybe my name server need some update or something?  Are others going to
run into this?

The searchable archive is going to allow me to clear up a bunch of disk
space, great work. I tried to search the archives for figurine it came
back empty but it would find elightenment.  I wanted to take a look at
figurine.  Is the archive a little out of date? I checked the last 12
days.

I can still access http://www.txcc.net/seul-project/ however most  of its
links are broken.  Maybe it should be updated to point to the
___.seul.org page.

To seul or whoever runs the FAQ, more great work, keep it up.  Two
comments:

1. (4.2)
   Different packaging. In SEUL several elements of the Linux system will
   not be installed in the default instalation which might normally be
   installed in a Linux setup (for example ftp and www servers.)

   I have sometimes considered leaving my PC tied up to tje internet
   while away from home and accessing some of its file remotely.  No a
   very serious notion but I'm guessing it would need an ftp server.

   Also the first time I read this I thought that it meant a lack of
   internet support.

2. (5.1)
   o Instalation/configuration.
   o General, easy use applications (editor, ...)
   o Internet suite.
   o Extensive help.
   o Desktop applications (word processor, spreadsheet...)
   o Games.

   I was running commomn tasks through my mind and comparing it with this
   list one item I use struck me as more essential than some listed.  It
   may just belong in ... but maybe it is worth itemizing some sort of
   file manager.

Regards,