SEUL: IRC vs. e-mail

Various people wrote:
> > That is precisely my objection to irc: it is realtime.
> IMHO, IRC should be used as little as possible. E-mail is better.

FWIW, here's my opinion:

Which method (irc vs. e-mail vs. something else) depends on what is being
discussed.  For most things related to this project, the e-mail lists will be
the right place and method for discussing things.  For others, IRC or similar
loggable realtime chat may be the best way to go.

Those of us who've been meeting regularly in IRC for the past two weeks have
no doubt found it the ideal medium for most of what we have had to discuss.
We have also found out that some of what we have to discuss is best done via
e-mail or shared file editing.  It all depends on what's being worked on.

IMO, this debate is pointless in its current form and context.  Such
questions must be decided on a team-by-team level when the time comes for
design and development (which should be RSN).

TTYAL,
     Omega

        Erik Walthinsen - Programmer, webmaster, 3D artist, etc.   __
 /  \           omega@sequent.com         Work: (503)578-5314    / /  \
|    | M E G A  omega@aracnet.com         Home: (503)281-4281   / / /\ \
_\  /_          psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu  Majoring in CS       / / /\ \ \
Omega Station: http://www.aracnet.com/~omega/                /________\ \ \