SEUL: Re: your mail

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Randy Heineke wrote:

> I can call you Cyber or I could call you Link or I could call you Todd but
> I'll never, never never call you God. (paraphrased from R. J. Johnson)

hehehehe I like that..

> The people exchanging views on SEUL are people with Linux experience. I
> hope that a good number of SEUL users need little or no Linux
> experience. These are the users I was thinking of that are not part of  your
> organization.  Organization was a bad word since SEUL is still getting
> organized.
>
> SEUL is struggling with user definiton.  Once defined it may be
> refined to cover more, less or different users.  Sometimes people think
> they have hot ideas and users will come out of the woodwork. (SEUL may be
> in this situation).  Sometimes there really isn't a good fit for any
> users (What SEUL could turn into without paying proper attention to users.)
>
> A simple test of a user definition is if it fits a named individual.
>
> A collection of such names is vital to testing.
>
> Testing is vital to success.
>

> What I want to understand is what area has the responsibility for
> keeping such a list.  When a volunteer is solicited who should we tell?
>

> Sorry about going on and on,

You have veary valid points. Maby we should consider getting some windows
users on here and getting there opinions as to what thay would like to
see. There will have to be testing done at some point and a group will be
needed. But no matter what our end user is defined as we will need a base
to install from and programs to handle general maintence of the machien.
When to boils down to it I dont see the end user's worring about anything
but the front end (the GUI, Configs, Install, etc) along with the apps
and other user end software. We need a base befor we begin setting up what
the end users want. Once the base is in place the software group, test
group (maby), and user input as to the frontend will be needed. Maby I am
missing something but the Base system must be togeather first, Then the
nice install front end, then the work on the interface can begin..