re: SEUL: undling with PCs

> > >And don't forget that almost
> > >every system sold nowadays has a free copy of Win95 and Office with it, so
> > >it might be a better idea to aim this thing so that it is a viable
> > >alternative (being cheap) to Win95 as a new system bundle option.
> >
> > yes! i think system bundles with linux could be a real success.
> Does anyone have any contacts in this area?

I dont't have any contacts in this area, but Vobis, the biggest vendor of
PCs in Germany tried to bundle OS/2 with its PC about two years ago, but was
set under pressure by Mirosoft and had to bundle with Windows again.
So we shouldn't put too much hope in a large company bundling PCs with
Anyway, first of all we need a stable and easy-to-use Linux if we want
any vendor to bundle it with its PCs, and then we can think about going
to dealers and talk to them.

Simple End User Linux Mailing list
with the line
unsubscribe seul-project