Re: SEUL: RAM and Swap Space

Greg Bell writes:
> Linux can handle 64 megs of memory with no problem.  Anything higher has
> to be configured via LILO (still haven't figured out why the 64 meg limit
> as the kernel can access some humongeous amount of memory [like
> tetrabytes])

Current kernels rely on the BIOS to tell them how RAM there is (unless you
use the LILO parameter).  The BIOS has a 64M limit (not true of the newest
boards).  I believe that the 2.1 kernels probe memory themselves, and so
don't have this problem.

jghasler@win.bright.net    Do with it what you will.