Re: SEUL: automatic floppy mounting

   Shutting down is another source of confusion; having to become root to shut
   down the system, and even the process of shutting down for a DOS user (who
   can just flick the Big Red Switch) is often not explained particularly well.

I never shutdown I do CTRL-ALT-DEL.  And DOS users are now W95 users
so they know about it.  The only case where you need to become root is
if you are running under XDM.  That can be solved with a little setuid
root program allowing to do a shutdown, and if you want to control who
can use it but do not want to bother with passwords then make it
executable only by the sutdown group.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez