Re: SEUL: About Independence, LaetOs, RedHat and Debian

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Michel Stam wrote:
> Dennis Leeuw wrote:
> > didn't do a distro. So a better position of SEUL, their work and the fact that
> > they let us ramble on their servers :) should be promoted more.
> >
> > Can't we get some marketing machine running? Any ideas?
>
> Well, we could try to arrange something with Freshmeat, Linuxnews or something if
> the article is worthwhile ....

It seems to me that one of the really big things missing, site-wise, in
the linux arena at the moment is a good advocacy / discussion site. Not
like a journal, but a collection of various bits of advocacy, and perhaps
also other things, like advice on software, comparisons, things aimed at
the person who hasn't got linux, is interested, but doesn't really know
much about it. A site that's not like a discussion of the technical
wherefores of configuration, etc., and how to do stuff, but a discussion
on the possibilities. There's all sorts of information like that kicking
about at the moment, but there doesn't really seem to be any one large
repository of the information. At least, if there is, I haven't seen it!

It's not so much a question of marketing, which to me suggests trying to
convert, just general awareness - there's not a high awareness of this
sort of thing going on.

Cheers,

Alex.