SEUL: Linux Advocacy Docs Team

Ok, so it's been longer than I was expecting before I got my act together
and did something about the advocacy docs team idea. But here I am.

Original post:
http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/pub/Dec-1998/msg00052.html

Some elaborations and a list of possible directions to take:
http://mugu.chaotika.net/lpr/52.html
http://mugu.chaotika.net/lpr/53.html
http://mugu.chaotika.net/lpr/54.html

More lists of links:
http://members.aa.net/~swear/pedia/promotion.html
http://LinuxMall.com/announce.html

Some more individual links:
http://www.anatomy.usyd.edu.au/danny/freedom/ip/aidfs.html
http://www.linux-hw.com/~eric/fud101.html
http://www.exaware.com/linux/LNXBGOV.html
http://LinuxMall.com/Allann/lxsig.txt

I propose that we carry on the discussion on the seul-pub list currently
(it's relatively low-traffic other than this thread and threads like it).
It's archived at http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/pub/
If it becomes a problem, I'll make a separate list for this.

I think what we should do first of all is come up with a tentative list of
categories, and sort my list of url's based on those categories. Then we
should try to add as many as possible based on websearches, lists of links,
etc. Following that (which shouldn't take long to just start), we should
decide on the resources we have available to us in terms of volunteers, and
pick one or perhaps two categories to flesh out further -- read the articles
that we've listed in that category, summarize or criticize or compare or
document them, and see if some of them are more comprehensive, well-written,
or effective than others. Then we try to update those into something more
useful, send mail to the authors suggesting the changes, send mail to other
places mentioning (announcing) the changes. That should get us rolling. I
propose that FUD articles be among the first category we attack, given that
there are relatively few articles on the topic, and it's a relatively easy
topic to grok.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/9267/fud2.html
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/9267/fuddef.html
http://www.KenAndTed.com/KensBookmark/linux/index.html