SEUL: Re: 'Why Linux' document

I noticed that one of your class assignments was to read our
'Why Linux?' document, and then discuss it in class:

http://webdia.cem.itesm.mx/ac/aortiz/cb95852/assignment01.html

I'm seeing an increased number of hits from it this evening, even though
the dates on the page indicate that your class discussion has already
happened.

On the other hand, our document is two years out of date now -- several
hundred people read that document each day, and it could certainly use some
help. For instance, the user interface issues are getting solved with Gnome
and KDE, the lack of commercial applications has been steadily getting
solved, and now there are a number of good hardware vendors that support
Linux.

An updated version of this document would be very beneficial to the Linux
community (and besides, you could become famous :)
Please mention this to your class, if you think any of them would be
interested.
Thanks,
--Roger