Re: SEUL: a new operating system interaction

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:57:19 +0200, Lorenzo De Tomasi <deto@working.it> wrote:

> An interface of this type can be easily created with a program like
> Macromedia director...
> I'm not a programmer and Im able to create it with MD...
> If you want to realise this I can test the interaction and give you some
> hints...
> Or do you want I project the entire interaction?
> The idea is good...

Lorenzo,

   Bob and Michael were sending the messages to both seul-pub and seul-edu (our
educational mailing list).  Your responses only went to seul-pub, so I'm
forwarding them to seul-edu so the people on that list only won't miss the
discussion.  If you're interested, we'd welcome your contributions to seul-edu.
You can join by going to <http://www.seul.org/edu/> and filling out the small
form at the bottom of the page.

   I'd recommend against doing this in Director, as that would limit the group
able to make use of it.  It could possibly be done in PHP3 or in Java
(definitely in Java), but if possible I'd like to see it as a program in Tcl/Tk
or one of the other Linux (and other OSs) scripting languages.  That way it
could run on the individual student's computer rather than on the server, and a
server wouldn't even be needed.  This might be something Ghislain Picard would
be interested in adding to Xem, his chemistry program.  Odile, do you know if
Ghislain is following the seul-edu discussions?  If not, could you let him
know about this idea?

Doug Loss            Democracy substitutes election by the
dloss@csrlink.net    incompetent many for appointment by
(570) 326-3987       the corrupt few.
                        George Bernard Shaw