Re: SEUL: re: project which needs web hosting

Doug Loss wrote:

> Chuck Short wrote:
> >
> > It may not be resource intensive like you said Doug, but it also depends on
> > how many groups he wants,
> > traffic, etc. Maybe a web like interface software like Hypernews might be a
> > bit better. Just a thought.
> >
> Possibly so, but my gut feeling (no objective tests here) is that nntp
> traffic, being exclusivly text-based, is generally less resource
> intensive for the same amount of info than http.
>
> --
> Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
> Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a
> Bloomsburg University     life spent doing nothing.
> dloss@bloomu.edu                G. B. Shaw

Ok then do we have the space for a news feed. If we dont, then the postings
would have to expire faster than
what is normal on reular usenet serrvers.

--
Charles "Chuck"  Short              http://www.ncf.arleton.ca/~bj372/
System Administrator                shor0008@algonquinc.on.ca