SEUL: Linux Porting Advocacy

I'd like to suggest one addition to your fine advocacy letter.

Many developers in the educational and entertainment software industries
have a tough time justifying any additional costs, as development costs
are already spiraling out of control. It is therefore unlikely that many
such companies will be willing to commit any resources to service
'secondary' markets such as Linux.

The key to winning the the support of these companies is to show them a
way to reap the benefits of the secondary markets without incurring any
of the costs. Several developers offer Mac ports of their products, but
almost no one does the port themselves. It's done by an outside porting
company.

Why bring this up? My company, Loki Entertainment Software, specializes
in porting best selling game software to Linux. We are currently in
negotiations with several major PC entertainment software companies to
license the rights to create a Linux port of their products. Of course,
we're eager to hear from anyone with a major title and an interest in
licensing a Linux version.

If, in the process of your advocacy, you encounter a company who might be
interested in licensing a Linux port, we would greatly appreciate your
making them aware of our services.

Scott Draeker
President
Loki Entertainment Software
draeker@thegrid.net

I'm feeling Minnesota in my own private Idaho...