Re: SEUL: Article by Alan Cox

Wayne Earl wrote:

> Simple End User Linux. What does that mean to the organization? To me,
> it means the development of a distribution of linux that a normal
> end-user can install and use. Has almost nothing at all to do with the
> posts that I have read here or in the other SEUL lists.

That was the original goal.  But a few months ago, since there are so
many distros already and some of them are reasonably painless to
install, we decided to do a few things like advocate software ports,
develop and help develop software, and produce code distros could use to
make installation easier.

He's right though - if that is our goal, we should probably get some
more focus on how we can make Linux easier for the user, and be working
with all the distros to see what they're doing, and what they might
need, and anything else they might suggest.

> Will someone please clarify this point? Before I can "show you the
> code", I need to know what I'm supposed to be doing.

There's plenty of things you *could* be doing.  Do you like coding
educational software?  Do you like usability testing of applications?
Do you like documentation?

> On another note, I volunteered to assist in the upkeep of the website,
> and have yet to receive confirmation of the creation of my user account.
> Will the person responsible for this please email me (off the list)
> regarding this matter?

Roger can probably help you with that...