RE: SEUL: The website

What are the advantages of using a program to carve up a web page? Why do
we choose to use sdoc, or maybe in the future chpp or wml? Why can't we
just upload a basic HTML file to the server and have people see it just as
it is?

Am I missing something here? I just don't understand the benefits of this
extra step.

At 04:22 PM 10/19/98 -0700, Darren Benham wrote:
>This is a post that got sent to Roger directly, not to the list here it is
>again:

>>>But first, why not switch to something already put together such as chpp
(it's
>>>being developed by looks good) or wml (Debian uses this for their web
site)?

>>we should do this. we should get somebody to find a good one that is easy to
>>figure it out, figure it out, and tell us about it. please send this
suggestion
>>to the list. (or be the one to figure one out and tell us about it. that
would
>>be even cooler. :)
>
>On my personal sites, I use chpp, so I'm familiar with it and since I handle
>the content at www.debian.org, I'm pretty familiar with (and getting
better at)
>wml.  What do you want to know to decide and/or do?

>* http://benham.net/index.html                                     <><  *

Chuck Huffman                      Huffman Connection Center
mailto:cbhiii-linux@ic.net             http://ic.net/~cbhiii
Mirabilis ICQ # 1224891