Re: SEUL: Multiple Replies

Chuck writes:

(snip)

>2) New SEUL

>Bob, I read you emails today and saw many good ideas in them. I put the
>links you suggested into the test site that we have all been playing with.
>I hope I got most of them right, but let me know what needs tweaking. I
>didn't know what a 'message box' should look like, so I winged it!

The left side is fine. In the main section you might consider that the text
will take up considerable space. At least as much as I've written to this
point. I think it would work out better to have the 'Developer Information
and Links' below rather than beside the 'End User Information and Links'.
For example:

About Linux
This section contains a variety of information about the Linux
operating system and the free software movement in general.
Included are a variety of links to additional information.

Chuck you might take the above text and put it with each of the items so
that we can see what they will look like with a block of text.

>I am not quite happy with the colors yet, so I put up 5 sample color
>schemes on the page. I like 4 then best and then 5 after that. Keep in mind
>that I can easily darken or lighten any text or background that you request
>me to. Just let me know which sample and which part you wish me to tweak.
>These sample only use one base color currently. I can find colors that
>compliment each one later on for added variety. First we need to find a
>sample to start with and stick with. Obviously, there are many more color
>schemes i could make, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT COLORS YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IF
>YOU DON'T LIKE THE ONES I MADE.

>http://cvs.seul.org/~cbhiii/

Actually I prefer the original color scheme. Of the current ones I would
vote for 4.

>3) Counters

>Roger, I think that counters will do more for us than the user. When I
>place one on a page, it's usually at the bottom, small and out of the users
>way. I just use them to track were people are hanging out at. If you have
>other ways, that's cool too. Just something that we can add later on if we
>want to track out visitors.

Again I think we need the counter information located for our use out of the
customer's way.

(snip)

>-Chuck

Bob