Re: SEUL: simple update on seul-edu website?

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Michael Viron wrote:
> Provided that someone gives me an idea as to what needs updating / or needs
> to be added--I'd be more than willing to do it tommorrow.
>
> Mike
> At 11:09 PM 11/13/1999 EST, you wrote:
> >Given that LWN might run a big thing on seul-edu on Thursday, and
> >I know a lot of people want to do massive redesigns, but... perhaps
> >somebody should run through the current seul-edu website and update
> >it a bit and spruce it up a bit?

Well, the projects page needs to be brought up to date, but that means
contacting all the project leaders and getting the updates to apply.  Jim Laney sent his
to the seul-edu mailing list a while ago, but it was never put up.  There are
also some things that ought to be removed from the page, and some that ought to
be added (from the mailing list).

The software page is woefully behind.  There have been many mentions of new
software that have educational uses, and they haven't been added.  Those would have
to be gleaned from mailing list postings (mostly mine).  I don't think that's a
small undertaking.  That's why I've been trying to get specific people to take
responsibility for timely updates of one or another portion of the website.

Roger, I heard from Bob, that he had told Stephen Quam what he was looking for
in a database for the software and that Stephen was running with the idea from
there.  That's as much as I know about that.

--
Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give