Re: SEUL: Re: sdoc draft spec - Question tags

In message <35F6D0A6.78A1726A@bigfoot.com>, swaldman@bigfoot.com writes:
>Pete St. Onge wrote:
>
>> Roger,
>>      Kudos on the new spec. Simon hinted that something was up with
>> SDOC, but I didn't imagine it would be this big.
>>
>> [One small thing: it took me a little while to figure out that the new
>> sdoc is command line driven, and not automated behind the scenes as it
>> was before (ie. I can't just add it to the cvs tree and have it all
>> happen automatically, I understand). Perhaps that could be clarified in
>> the final docs]
>
>I think the old one was like this, and a cvs script ran it automatically? So n
>o change?

That is correct. The cvs commit script automatically notifies the website
(which lives on a different machine) of the changes, and then the website
transfers the changes, running sdoc as necessary on new files. Treat it as
magic. :) It will remain the same.

--Roger